Monday, August 8, 2011

Sugar Sweet Cherry Tomatoes

I heart cherry tomatoes, especially with the different combinations of color. The possibilities are endless on what you can do with them. Like little jewels to accessorize your food!







Fortunately for me, now is the time that I'm guaranteed a big bowl full every time I step into my garden!





I've been stuffing them with creamy goat cheese, one bite wonders busting with flavor! Warning... Be careful they're like eating candy you can't stop!




I constantly roast them on sheet pans, bathing the tiny tomatoes in olive oil and shaved garlic, then I tuck them away in my fridge for later use.








Like when I toss them into my scrambled eggs for breakfast along with lots of green onions and serve it on top of crusty Italian bread toast. Simple, but out of this world!







When you roast them the juice seeps from the tomatoes into the garlicky oil and it becomes the perfect sauce for your pasta, add shaved Parmesan cheese and fresh basil. It's as close to perfection as you're going to get!





Thanks again to my friend Linda for sending me the seeds to grow these adorable round zucchini, after I roasted them I stuffed my pasta into it's perfect edible bowl!







Buon Appetito!


No comments:

Post a Comment