Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Cookie Traditions Old and New

Each holiday season I like to add a few new cookies to my tried and true regulars, this year I wanted to try out these cookie stamps that I saw in my Williams-Sonoma catalog.
Each stamp is embossed with a beautiful design, a wreath, a snowflake and a gift tag.

The dough is a basic sugar cookie dough that has been chilled then rolled into balls, flattened and then stamped.
I was impressed how well the embossed design showed up, but the decorating part was another story! I bought those edible markers and they didn't work out very well on the bare cookies, next time, (if there is a next time) I'll use a piping bag with a small tip.

One cookie I can always count on our my Fig and Pistachio Biscotti  I make them every year and they are truly a favorite!

Along with Cucidati of course!


Traditional Italian fig cookies, it just wouldn't be Christmas without them!
Wishing all my readers a very healthy and happy holiday season filled with family, food and fun!
Thank you for all your support through out the year, I appreciate each and every email and comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment